Director – Karl Olsen
Karl Olsen takes pride in helping business and householders reduce their energy bills & increase their knowledge in energy efficiency.
- Building Energy Auditor (Energy Audit types 1,2 & 3 to AS3598)
- Electrical Building Services Engineer
- Energy Efficiency Engineer
- Degree Qualified Electrical Engineer
- Lighting Designer
- Registered A grade Electrician
- Power Monitoring Specialist
- Solar PV Systems designer
- Power assessments for electric vehicle fast charging stations
- 30+ years experienced.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (University of Sydney)
- Registered Victorian Building Practitioner (Electrical)
- Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia (MIEAust)
- Associate member of the Illuminating Engineering Society of Australia and New Zealand (IESANZ)
- Affiliate Member of CIBSE (Chartered Institute of Building Services)
- Affiliate Member of AIRAH (Australian Institute of Refrigeration, AirConditioning & Heating)
- Member of Environment Victoria
- ‘A Class’ Electrician’s license (Victoria)
- Registered Electrical Contractor (Victoria)
- 19-yrs design experience as a Consulting Electrical Building Services Engineer.
- 8 yrs experienced Energy Auditing & Energy Efficiency Analysis
- ‘Hands on’ engineering involvement in the construction phase of many building services projects
- 2 Years experience – Electrical Process & Instrumentation Engineering – Water filtration & sewerage treatment plants.
- 3 years experience – Project Management & Design of Electrical Safety Initiatives rolled out to 750 supermarket sites within Australia.
- Solid building electrical engineering experience with reputable organisations namely; Coles Group, Sinclair Knight Merz, Kuttner Collins(Vic), Umoi Lai, Haron Robson Reeves & Partners, Toni Mury & Associates & Thompson Gallager.
Specific Skill-sets and Electrical Design Expertise
- Energy Efficient building systems & energy audits
- Power Metering, measurement, logging & technical analysis
- Solar Power load profile assessments & viability reporting
- Power Factor Correction assessments, sizing, viability, payback periods
- Smart Meter accuracy testing
- VCAT approved Expert Witness reports on building electrical services.
- NABERS metering verification testing
- ‘Fit for purpose’ selection of electrical devices & equipment
- Room Lighting Design including selection of luminaries
- Power Reticulation Distribution, Submain Cabling
- Telephone & Structured communication cabling systems
- Automatic Fire Detection & Alarm systems
- Standby Gas & Diesel Generators
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Main Switchboards & Distribution boards
- Intercom systems
- Nurse Call systems
- Emergency Lighting & Exit Signs
- PA, Security, CCTV & Access Control systems
For more details on Karl Olsen’s professional career details & credentials visit his Linked IN page
(Visited 122 times, 1 visits today)