- HOME ELECTRICAL SAFETY CHECK
- DETAILED SITE VISIT
- PROFESSIONAL INVESTIGATION
- SAFETY SWITCHES PERFORMANCE TESTED
- ACCESSIBLE ROOF SPACE INSPECTED
- INSULATION AROUND DOWNLIGHTS CHECKED
- CONDITION OF WIRING REPORTED
- SWITCHBOARD WIRING CHECKED
- MAIN EARTH WIRE CHECKED
- M.E.N LINK CHECKED
- POWER-BOARDS INSPECTED
- RESULTS OF TESTING OUTLINED
Do your Electrical Safety Switches still work ?
For peace of mind we test them properly.
During our visit unsafe power wiring & electrical hazards will be identified.
Also in ceiling insulation around Downlights are checked for correct clearances.
Our Electrical Safety switch testing unit simulates a faulty appliance. The test ensures that each of your electrical safety switches STILL operate at the safe trigger level (to interrupt electricity super fast to avoid cardiac arrest risk).
CONTACT US for a free quotation.
Over time Electrical Safety Switches may not function as well as they originally did when they were new.
Using our RCD tester, we test that all Electrical Safety Switches are still operating correctly. Our test unit simulates various electrical faults – to determine if each safety switch is sensitive enough & fast enough to automatically turn off power to the home in the event of detecting an unsafe situation. (For background information guides on Safety Switches and general Home Electrical Safety.)
What exactly do we check ?
Each detailed electrical safety investigation includes the following:-
- Check that downlight clearances to roof space ceiling insulation comply to Australian Standard recommendations.
- Check the condition of wiring located in accessible areas, including in accessible the roof space.
- Using test equipment we test that all Electrical Safety Switches are still operating correctly to Australian Standards.
- The condition of existing switchboard internal wiring is checked, including correct sizing of circuit cables & circuit breakers.
- The building electrical main earth conductor is checked for continuity compliance.
- Powerboards, lighting switches & power points are checked for damage & correct function.